• About Me

    Welcome to my site!

    I'm a 20-something, recently married, runner who recently moved to New York City. Questions? Email therunnerwife (at) gmail (dot) com!

  • Sponsors

  • Advertisements

Do Over!

Ah Monday,what mixed emotions you evoke in me. I’m always excited to start a new week, sad to be away from my husband and puppy all day, happy to have a regularly scheduled set of meals, frustrated to be indoors in my cubicle cave….I could go on.

Bodhi had a lot of energy on Sunday night so I opted to run with him in the morning. All in all, it was a really good run! Much less stopping than Saturday’s run since it was much cooler out and I was able to work out some of the tightness in my legs from my long run. I wish I’d had a chance to do some core work and stretch though!

Do you ever do two workouts in one day? How do you feel when you do this and how do you break up each segment?

I didn’t finish my Green Monster yesterday so I tossed a few ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, added another 1/2 scoop of protein powder and gave it a good shake a la Cocktail. BAD IDEA!! Adding the protein gave the Monster a very powdery/chemical taste and I barely managed to get it down. I was pressed for time though so I committed to drinking it, but I’ve learned my lesson.

I didn’t get hungry until 11:30 or so, and then I had my newest bar – Coco Choco Bliss Bar. I threw everything together and made it up as I went along so I’ll have to do a recipe on my next round, but I made enough for 8 large bars! I basically combined the chocolate chip bar recipe with the coconut creme recipe, but added oats as well to make the bars a little lighter. So tasty! These are my favorite yet and I’ll definitely be making them again.

For lunch, I improvised on Gena’s guac/my RunnerWife salsamole recipe. I cut the recipe in half and added tobasco sauce. I also sliced up a big orange pepper for dipping and I wasn’t even able to finish the whole thing at lunch!


I also snacked on a bowl full of fresh cherries later in the afternoon and had some raw nuts and dried mango while waiting for The Huz to come home. Then we enjoyed a Lebanese feast – octopus salad (The Huz ate this – I couldn’t after we found one that looked like a baby octopus!), spicy hummus, arabic string cheese, lentils with rice and sauteed onions, fresh pita bread, grape leaves and cabbage leaves filled with bulghur wheat and ground lamb. 


The “baby octopus”:


Bodhi opted to spend the evening sleeping in his new favorite spot:


No hockey tonight so we watched the Yankees beat the Indians and got to bed early again, thankfully.

Today promises to be another busy one. I’m hoping to get some cross training in during my lunch hour and I’m bringing back an old lunch recipe I haven’t made in a long time.

Have a great Tuesday!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: