8 Supersized Green Monster: 3 kale leaves, 1 handful spinach, almond milk, 1 heaping T. almond butter, 1 large banana
10:30 Coco Choco Bar (recipe this weekend!)
1 Amy’s Black Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas
* I realize, fresh is better than frozen, but man are these tasty! The sauce, the wraps, the veggies. Everything is so tasty!
3 5 large strawberries and a vanilla Activia yogurt
* I have to use up the yogurt soon! I prefer my Fage, but the Activia expires next week and I would feel awful wasting it all!
4:30 1/3 Kombucha Botanic #9
* Even though the flavor of this took a few sips to get used to, I love it! It kind of reminds me of the ginger you get when you go out for sushi, but it’s a little bit sweeter. Mostly, I love the energized, yet relaxed, feeling when I drink Kombucha. I’d only had one other flavor before, but I think this is a winner!
8 Basil Chicken with Madras Lentils
* Thursday was Chef Huz’s night to cook so he whipped up tasty sautéed chicken breasts with the last bit of our fresh basil and a whole lotta Sriracha. He also made a pack of the lentils we got from Costco a few weeks ago. A very tasty (and spicy!) dinner indeed.
9 Passionfruit sorbet with dried coconut, dried cherries, banana chips, mini chocolate chips and pistachios; 4 strawberries
* I felt like I’d been transported to a tropical island! The Huz looked into the freezer before I made my dish and began to pout because he felt like I hadn’t considered him when buying the sorbet (he’s a big fan of Hagan Daaz Vanilla Swiss Almond) but I let him try a bit of my tropical treat and he was begging for one of his own! I made him wait until I’d finished my dish as punishment for dissention 😉
Worked straight through my lunch break so I hit the gym after work and did 20 minutes on the ArcTrainer and 25 minutes of hill walking on the treadmill (10% incline, 3.8mph) – it is SO much harder when I don’t hold on to the handles! I mean, I realize this isn’t rocket science, but Angela’s hill workouts have really given me something to work up to – 15% at 4.4 mph?? Terrifying!
Walked home from the gym, but only walked part of the way to work in the morning due to the rain, so I’d say I got about 2.5 miles of walking in.
See my post below for my latest musings!