Hot: Enjoyed long walk to and from work yesterday
Not Hot: Didn’t make it to gym due to work and laziness
Hot: Bodhi greeting me at the door for his evening walk
Not Hot: TWICE nearly stepping in poo on the sidewalk. Why are people so lazy about cleaning up after their dogs?
Hot: Making an impromptu quasi-gourmet-looking meal with The Huz
Not Hot: Watching Food Inc. just after finishing the delicious dinner.
I think I’m still processing everything I saw in that movie, but I know a few things:
1. I will probably never eat another hamburger or any other form of ground meat after I finish the turkey chili I made on Sunday.
2. I will likely never buy conventional produce or meat/dairy products again.
3. I will sell my soul to get a share at a CSA.
4. I might be destined to become a farmer.
5. I don’t handle slaughterhouse footage well. Seeing animals murdered like that reduced me to tears and nearly made me lose my stomach.
Hot: Oatmeal for breakfast on a cool Autumn morning.
Not Hot: Forgetting to photograph the oatmeal in all its apple butter/peanut butter glory.
On the menu today, I’ve got some raw almonds, several clementines and another portion of my chili. I’m going to try my best not to think of Food Inc while I’m eating and console myself with the knowledge that every food purchase I make from now on will be in an effort to effect change for our food system and the environment.
Have you seen Food Inc? What did you think?