This award asks me to share seven random things about myself with you all.
1. I was a very picky eater as a child and now choose new foods to teach myself to like each year. So far, I’ve learned to like yogurt, cottage cheese, raw tomatoes and bell peppers, okra, bananas, olives and artichokes.
2. If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be cheese ravioli. It’s been my favorite food for pretty much my entire life.
3. I still have my childhood security blanket. The pattern is so faded that it’s almost invisible, but I can’t give it up. My mom even bought me a new one with the same pattern but it never stuck!
4. I love being alone but am terrified of not having friends. I was hugely awkward and unpopular growing up and I have always craved close friends. But when I am presented with an unplanned free day, I love nothing more than spending it alone going for walks/running, experimenting in the kitchen, singing to the radio and relaxing.
5. I’m left-handed, but spent most of 9th-grade math trying to become ambidextrous. Sadly, it didn’t work and I’m still left-handed. My “handedness” extends beyond the traditional and I have strong preferences for which side my running buddies are on when we go running!
6. My favorite color is red. The Huz says he doesn’t really have a “favorite,” but he does say that his “power color” is maroon. Coincidence?
7. I’m afraid of bridges, but not of tunnels, which is odd since I come from Pittsburgh, where they have no shortage of bridges!
Again, thanks to Gena for the award, and I happily pass along the accolade to these beautiful ladies: