We made it! It’s Friday! And now the fun really begins, right?
Tonight, I’m having drinks with some of my colleagues and then I’m headed back uptown to celebrate The Huz’s grandmother’s birthday. The restaurant we’re going to is lovely, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a challenge to find a vegetarian dish. Well, that’s not completely true. I can get ravioli, which I love (in case you forgot), but I don’t know that I really need to start my weekend with a carb coma! The rest of the menu is basically steak, chicken and fish dishes. As I’ve said before, I’m not a vegetarian, but I really don’t enjoy eating meat unless I know where it cames from. Take me to a farmer’s market where I can actually talk to the farmer who raised the animal and can assure me it was a “happy cow” and then we’re in business. Or provide me with beautiful, organic salmon and watch me jump up and down with excitement.
Otherwise, I think I’ll pass. In fact, I’ve passed on meat several times this week and have no complaints!
Which brings me to my 2010 goal update:
1. New 1/2 marathon PR – while I haven’t banked any long runs since January 1 (come on, it’s only been a week!), I have to go on the shorter runs I had this week, which were done at a pretty good pace, but I’ve got some serious work to do. Good thing I’ve got all year! 🙂
2. Run 9 NYRR races and volunteer for 1 – I’m having a hard time remembering that I’ve got a half marathon in just a few weeks. Good thing I’m already working on my pace so I won’t be completely out of shape!
3. 200 blog posts – I’m trying to balance my inspiration to write with this goal. I don’t want to post for the sake of posting. I get frustrated with “token posts” because it’s so clear when a writer isn’t feeling inspired. And since I’m terrible at hiding my true feelings (just ask The Huz), I am only writing when I really want to. I’d like to think I’ll be inspired to write 200 times this year, and so far I’ve posted 9 times in the past 8 days, so let’s see if I can keep up the momentum!
4. Read 8 books – I’ve already finished my first book this year! Over the holidays I started My Life In France and I luxuriated in all my free time over the long weekend by sipping tea and reading. I’ll post my review of the book this weekend.
5. Lose 10 pounds – Going by my bathroom scale, though I fear it may be damaged from so many months of neglect and standing on its side, I’ve already lost 2.2 pounds. I’m still sticking with my .8lbs per week so technically I have no weight to lose between today and next Friday. Originally, I was inclined to commit to an additional .8lb by next Friday, but my goal is to lose weight slowly and without allowing any unhealthy thoughts to linger in my mind. If I’m up a little or down a little, it’s okay! Well, as long as my total weight loss is more than 1.6lbs. Otherwise I’ll be trudging around in the cold, dark morning for a week 😉
6. Eat vegetarian at least 4 days/week – This is been a breeze! Including January 1, I’ve eaten vegetarian 6 days and today is stacking up to be vegetarian, too, if I can finagle something at dinner tonight. On my two “omni” days, I had mini ham sandwiches made from leftovers of my grandmother-in-law’s Christmas evening party and the organic salmon from Monday’s dinner.
If you made a list of goals or resolutions, how are you doing with them? Still going strong? Need some motivation?
Have you ever asked for a heavily-modified entree at a restaurant? I’m thinking of asking for some kind of vegetable dish, but I’m not sure how to go about it!