Just getting this update in under the wire since it’s almost time for me to update you on this week’s progress! So last week (1/16–1/22) was filled with lots of ups and downs. When I posted my last update, I wasn’t too thrilled with the progress I’d made. Last week, I started and maintained the Spark! detox and I made huge progress on my goals!
1. New 1/2 marathon PR – I took the week off from exercise as part of the Spark! detox and did some soul searching about my love of running and relationship with exercise.
2. Run 9 NYRR races and volunteer for 1 – See above 😉
3. 200 blog posts – Yet another week where I had a lot to say…I hope you enjoyed my posts about the Spark! detox and recent photoshoots with a certain cookbook author!
By the way, if you missed them, I wrote about:
Week 2 Goal Progress Report – An ‘Off’ Week
My first photo session with Lindsay, and my first mean comment!
Detox Day 1, the return of the smoothie and more photos
Detox Day 2, the day of the hummus blob
Are You A Snack-a-Holic?
Detox Day 3, Reflections on Energy
Special Spark! Wellness Recipe!
I Heart Alliteration
And even if you didn’t miss these posts, you should check out the comments from each! I really loved your supportive comments about the detox process. I have to say, you all are the best!!
4. Read 8 books – Sadly, Once A Runner had to take a back seat to making close to 100 notecards and studying this week. Also, I pretty much couldn’t help but spend every free weekend moment going out to dinner or to Lindsay’s to help with photography!
5. Lose 10 pounds – As a result of the detox (I’m guessing), I lost 1.4 pounds, even though I wasn’t exercising!
6. Eat vegetarian at least 4 days/week – Success!! I did eat meat three nights between 1/16 and 1/22 – dinner on Saturday, the salmon filet I had on Wednesday, and the beautiful sushi I had last Thursday. The other days were entirely vegetarian though, and most were vegan, thanks for the detox!
We’re almost done with the first month of the year…are you making progress toward achieving your 2010 goals? Hope so! 🙂